Enjoying waffles for breakfast has become somewhat of a Sunday morning tradition in our family.
We have been hooked ever since I received a waffle machine for my birthday last year, plus I find them much easier to make than pouring and flipping pancakes.
I’ve tried out a few recipes and refined these to come up with the following easy to make waffle mixture … I’ve made this recipe so often that I know it off the top of my head by now. Actually, we just finished another batch of these yummy waffles this morning, which led me to quickly pop up this post for you!
So, if you’re looking for a bit of Sunday morning breakfast inspiration and have a waffle machine handy, why not give this recipe a try?
1 1/2 cups self-self raising flour
1 tbs caster sugar
1 cup milk
- Place dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Add the milk and the egg, then whisk together until combined.
- Melt the butter, add to the bowl and whisk again until the mixture is smooth.
- Spoon mixture into the waffle machine and spread flat with a spoon or spatula to cook (I use half a cup of mixture per waffle but it may depend on the size of your waffle machine).
- Cook for the desired time, depending on your machine and how crispy you like your waffle.
- Spread with your favourite topping and enjoy!
Do you have a Sunday morning breakfast tradition? Do you enjoy waffles as much as my family?