Whether it be for a special weekend morning breakfast or a Sunday night easy dinner, this is a great way to serve up eggs and bacon with a difference.
Slices of bread
Streaky bacon (you can also use slices of ham)
*Alter the quantity depending on how many egg and bacon cups you wish to make.
- Preheat oven for 180C.
- Cook bacon in a pan then remove and drain on paper towel. If using ham, you do not need to fry the slices first.
- Spray inserts of the muffin pan.
- Use a cup that is slightly larger than the size of the muffin insert to cut circles out of the bread.
- Place this bread circles into each muffin insert, pushing down to form a cupped shape.
- Spray bread with oil.
- Line edge of the bread cup with a piece of bacon or ham, then crack an egg inside.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and parsley, then season with salt and pepper.
- Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes until egg is cooked to your liking.
- Remove from oven, serve and enjoy.