Hands up if you like yo-yos?! And I’m not talking about the plastic toy variety, rather the yummy custard flavoured, melt in your mouth biscuit variety.
Me me me!
I’ve been using this recipe for many year, since high school actually when I took it down from one of my friend’s mum’s recipe cards. It’s delicious. So if it’s not broken, don’t fix it I say!
I made these for the first time in quite a while a few weeks back for a school afternoon tea event. They were obviously a hit, because by the time I got to the table they were nowhere to seen!
Here’s the recipe so you can try it out for yourself.
180g butter (melted)
1/3 cup icing sugar
1/2 cup custard powder
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2tbs butter (melted)
1/2 cup icing sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 tbs water
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Cream butter and sugar together in an electric mixer.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Roll into tablespoon sized balls and place on a lined oven tray.
- Flatten slightly with fingertips then press lightly with a fork to leave an impression on the top of each biscuit.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely then join together with icing.